We need a new trimmer thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Merkava_4, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Somebody please start a trimmer thread. I've read all the archives about string trimmers and I need some new material to read; so please start a new thread. You can say anything related to string trimmers. :)

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

There's no way you read all of them. Keep digging. :)

3. ProcsLC

ProcsLC LawnSite Member

It kind of looks like you started your own here...

We just picked up a new Dolmar commercial trimmer yesterday after a buddy of mine has had them on his truck for the past 2 seasons and swears by them... For $210 bucks we bought one and its light, real light at just under 7 lbs... Did my own grass and one property with it yesterday and liked it a lot... Hows that for a new trimmer thread start??

4. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I don't talk about the trimmers...

Just the heads:

SpeedFeed.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, I was at my Stihl dealer yesterday and noticed they have their version of the SpeedFeed head out now. Anyone use it? Does it work as it's supposed to? Can the line be wound on it without binding up, and does it feed out right? It was $34, and I had my doubts about it... I ended up just grabbing a spare spool for my standard bump feed head so I can have one ready to go all the time.

6. piediddy

piediddy LawnSite Member

7lbs? what cc engine this has and hp numbers?

7. Triplex

Triplex LawnSite Member

You at least read the damn archives - I get sick of all the people who don't know how to use the search feature!

If you've already read the old threads about trimmers, you should know that the question of which one is the best will never be resolved!

8. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

is that the ms-22-c, wonder if still made, have one here from a few yrs ago, like it. picked up a robin since (2450), use that more. work solo but both get used at different times.

9. bigtrigg

bigtrigg LawnSite Member

i just started working for a lawn care company last year and all i have done since is trim. i am in love with it, i think about it even when i'm not doing it lol. i'm thinking of buying my first commercial trimmer and thinking of getting a dolmar. held one today and it felt so great in my hands. cant wait to go back and test all of them out.

10. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I am game, what trimmer you want to talk about?

I want to hear more about Maruyama. I somehow keep attracted to Maruyama.