We need rain !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Blevins, May 24, 2007.

1. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Another rainless week! If it don`t rain soon there will be alot of mowers for sale in my area. Just looked at the 7 day forcast and its:dizzy: high 80s everyday and not any rain in sight. I know alot of mowing companies and there is some people starting to panick.
  2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Same here in the Chattanooga area. In about a week i will be forced to lay some workers off.
  3. mike r

mike r LawnSite Member

samething in state college pa TOO dry and patience wearing thin overseeded a customer in april and nothing! lost everything.
  4. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Here in Atlanta, we just got hit with a serious water ban. Weekends only, even/odd Saturday/Sunday.....I have been cheating with some of my accounts, setting their systems to start at 4 am and I am only running about 10 to 15 mins, oppose to 25 to 30. I think we have a chance next weekend, but that too far away to really forecast. I refuse to stop the maintenance, but might have to hold back on weekly cuts, and just do bi-weekly until we start getting some rain. I can afford to miss maybe 2 weeks of weekly visits with all the mulch/rock installs we have been doing, but if I miss any more then that, then I think I might have to cut hours. I wont panic, just hope to keep it moving, and hopefully gain from all those that can't handle the downtime and have to close up shop when it does pick back up.
  5. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Starting to get cripy criiters here. We are on the cusp of drought.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell me about,skip two cuts this season might have to get into something else i power wash houses year round i have 8 houses scheduled in the next 5 days to clean.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Still no measurable rain here since April 15th.
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

We have the same problem in the panhandle too. Thank god for the landscape and clean-up jobs that we have been blessed to get.
  9. brotherslc1

brotherslc1 LawnSite Member

Same here, weve been without rain for about 21/2 weeks in northern illinois. Hoping for some tonight to get it a little greener.
  10. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

have you tried going to the local reservation and buying quilts and flint and ask them to do the rain dance? We are getting ready to get hammered with rain all weekend and Monday in Southern Indiana