We need your prayers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TotalLawn, Oct 10, 2002.

1. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

While going home from work this evening my employee (Chris Denman) was involved in an accident. He had stopped to help a disabled motorist. He was standing in between 2 construction barriers helping to direct traffic when an oncoming car somehow hit him. His is in the hospital with severe head and knee injuries. Amazingly enough there were no broken bones. The police were already there and was witness to everything. One officer told his sister at the hospital that he was surprised he lived through it. Thank you to all on this forum for your past & future advice. And thank you in advance for your prayers in this situation.
  2. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your employee's accident, I hope, he has a full recovery.

I will keep him in my prayers.

3. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We will kepp him and his family in our prayers.I hate it when someone is tryig to help and theyend up getting hurt.
  4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i wish him a safe and speedy recovery:)
  5. Miller Mowing

Miller Mowing LawnSite Member

Very sorry to hear of the accident. Will certainly keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.
  6. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I too will say a prayer for Mr. Denman's swift recovery. :)
  7. dr grass

dr grass Banned

Where in this world are you going to find people like Chris?? Ill tell you .... FEW and FAR between. My Dad and i use to stop and help out at accident sites, stranded motorists, hitchikers .... you name it. In todays world i would roughly guess that 80% of the people would not even consider stopping to help. I still do once in awhile, but in todays SUE-HAPPY enviroment you MUST be extremely careful. People like Chris are a rare breed. He was in my prayers before i wrote this and will continue to be. Please keep us updated Totalawn.

8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure I can speak for everyone here and say, I hope for the best for your worker, Chris. I hate to hear of anybody suffering.
  9. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

count on me to pray for him...
  10. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

As of this morning...
    I called his house for an update. His mother came in from MO. She said that he is home now. The CAT scan showed everything was good. He received 20some stitches in his eye and his knee is very swollen. The Dr. say he will be picking glass from his eye and head for approx. 2 weeks.:confused: (I don't know why they can't get it out at the hospital?)

Thank You for your continued prayers!!