We were on the NEWS!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Feb 13, 2003.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Spring weather has been here for the last two weeks (very unusual) and a news reporter decided to do a piece on how the nice weather has affected local nurseries and landscapers. So she came out to one of our job sites and interviewed me and took film of me and my crew working on a nice property.

The 1 minute spot aired on the local Portland NEWS last night TWICE! Great shots of our trucks, uniforms, workers, etc. and about a 20 sec. clip of yours truly being interviewed. Man, you can't buy that kind of publicity!

The great thing was - 5 minutes after it aired at the 5:00 hour I got a call from a guy who said he just saw us on the news and had seen us in his neighborhood for a while and just decided he should give us a call! He wants full service plus tons of extras and wants us to start ASAP. I couldn't believe it! Meeting him tomorrow.

I was glad that I had invested in some nice clean trucks, lettering, uniforms, etc. because our company name must have come up 10 times in the 1 minute clip. Not to mention a text title at the bottom of the screen with my name and co. name while they were showing the clip of me talking.

2. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome, Nothing like being in the right place at the right time. Do you know how much 1 min. of air time would cost you.........$$$$$

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, it sounds to me like they interviewed the RIGHT SCRUB for the upcoming season!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just what OR needed was to have YOUR FACE broadcasted throughout the community!! :angry: :angry:

4. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Jim lewis thats great for you. I hope you get alot more calls.payup

I hope that story that kutnkru posted about you is not true.

5. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

LOL! :laugh: :laugh:

Even though you didn't put when or where that post was from, it was funny!

6. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

"Well, duh. Yah."

"Yah, but this is not Scotts. It's the good stuff. But if you like that Scott's crap go get some and do it yourself then, chica." Then she started to get pissy, which I totally don't understand. Truth was, I really WAS using Scott's Winterizer. Haha.

Then I stepped in real close because I tower over this lady and held my hand out. It was obvious I wasn't gonna leave without my $75. So she paid me.

All I can say is that if anyone talked to, lied to, or menaced my mother that way they would be on the news alright.....looking for their teeth!

Ok, so what's the deal here? That sounds more like "Al Capone's Lawn Service" than it does Jim Lewis. :laugh:

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

8. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

HAAAAAA...........Good one! :D

9. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

good deal Jim Lewis!!

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Jim, That old joke thread that you wrote was very funny to say the least! You couldn't buy this kind of publicity. That is great. Let us know how it turns out meeting with this gentleman today. Unless this was another joke?

Gravely_Man