we will beat any bid offer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bohiaa, Apr 16, 2007.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

wondering if this is a good thing to put in bid offers ?

what ya think

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

MO..................unless u just wanna work for nothing

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would say it's a real quick to go out of business. That's not very professional or profitable.:hammerhead:

4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

No!!!!! You will have the reputation as the cheap guy and everyone will want everything done for next to nothing and if you try to raise the price they will complain and drop you for the next cheaper guy....

5. GLLawns

GLLawns LawnSite Member

You are asking for a mess of problems if you try that type of advertising. Just my two cents

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

ok thx. I bid on an appartment complex and I really want it... I was thinking about writting them a letter stating that we will match or beat any written offer.....

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

bohiaa, I actually tried this years ago against all of the negative responses I got in here. Well all I can tell you is THEY WERE RIGHT! It scared away customer's I think,lol. I have learned throughout the years its not just the service you are selling, its you, your company etc. So my advise, bid it to get it but without the "beat any price" thing. Plus a lot of companies and customers dont want to be bothered calling you back asking you to go over the bid again so you can try to beat the price.

8. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

It works for Home Depot:)

9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

:nono: You've been here for over a year and a half now. So why ask a newbie question?

But to answer your question, HELL NO!:nono:

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Tes I have however I moved and started a co here in new location and this bid is the 1st time I ever bidded on anything that big before. and I kind of want it.... and after a few days I thought my bid was a little high...

But I hear what yall are saying.....

Thanks everyone