Wear and deck height adjustment Lazer Z

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Rob T, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

I have a few older machines with various hours. I noticed as the machines get older and the control pivots wear the deck sags lower and lower. Additionally there is no way to adjust the height beyond the 1/2" on the chains. So, after you use all the adjustment on the chains to offset the sag you no longer have anyway to get the mower deck to it's correct height. This presents a problem if you mow the same lawns with different machines. Where one machine may be cutting at 3.75" and another may cut at 3.5" or even 3.00".

I have noticed some other Manufactures have added a way to adjust the OVERALL height of the deck in relation to the control handle. They have incorporated threaded rod ends or other means to enable you to adjust the overall height without effecting rake. This allows you to adjust the wear out of the height controls.

Any thoughts on this? Is this something Exmark has considered improving?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Rob T,

We haven't added any more adjustments to the lift mechanism. I believe they looked at this a couple of years ago when the re-designed the deck lift mechanism components. At that time they felt that improving the components and eliminating the "sag" was a better solution than adding more adjustments. The front frame we've been using for the past couple of years appears to have eliminated the sag and thus the need for additional adjustments.

3. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

Thanks Terry

Glad to see you guys addressed that problem. I look forward to not having to worry about that on our new machines. It was a real PITA for us.