1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wear Sunscreen

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Eddie B, Apr 1, 2005.

1. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Speaking of hats, isn't there a Tilley hat that's good in summertime? I was just on their website and it looks like there are several models that would fit the bill (pun intended).....

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i never understood how anyone can wear sunscreen while working. i sweat and rub my head all day when i'm working, and am always under a customers hose watering down my head. i would be so slimey if i had sunscreen on. not to mention it would wash and wipe off immediately.
  3. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

You are already Mowing??
  4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife reminds me everyday.
  5. GNRL

GNRL LawnSite Member
    from Wi

Yep everyday...Coppertone sport with no slip grip. :D
  6. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Yea. Grass is growin here. Is it growin over/down there?
  7. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 LawnSite Member

Just got home and realized that I am burnt on the back of my neck and face. I thought it was a beautiful day and didn't think I needed any sunscreen.

Can't wait to be tanned.
  8. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I use Bannana Boat Quick Spray. It's quick an easy to spray it on every morning. It is waterproof and sweatproof too. It's really light and not greasy at all. When you spray it on, you don't even have to rub it in since it's clear.
    It makes wearing sunscreen sooo much easier. I'm very fair skinned (at least at the begining of the season), and with this stuff I never burn.
    Regardless of the conveineince or comfort, sunscreen needs to be worn.