weather bug

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Dec 13, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone heard any bad things about using weatherbug.com? I heard it is a spyware program and could be bad. Is this true?

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hear the same thing. Spyware and Adware.

Just go to the National Weather Service web page, enter your info, get your weather, the create a shortcut on your desktop. Easy, detailed and useful.

I stopped using the weather channel site. Lots of the same type of stuff attached to that site.

3. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

yep. I had it, got pop-ups and e-mails from them. I dumped it. I just have weather.com in my favorites for quick reference. Cool too, you can look at forcasts for the whole month.

4. Harleyboy52

Harleyboy52 LawnSite Member

I use to have it and liked it very well for the weather, but they send you emails daily wanting you to buy something. It's free if you sign up with a sponsor but then the sponsor sends all kinds of stuff to your email. It does have a lot of spyware with it. I took it off my computer.

5. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i can't live without it. for a couple of years now, and have never had a pop up from it. occasionally, they ask you to choose a sponsor, but that's only for thebanner on top of the page while you're viewing. i get the best radar shots of my area. i know exactly whenthe snow is done 5 miles away and i can get started. never got any emails either... maybe its the way you have set up, to recieve emails from them. best out there, and i have tried alot.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

7. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

You will get pop up galore! I wouldn't recommend it as I have used it only for a day and realized they install spyware on your machine as well as adware.

Go to weather.com and you can save your town and get reports right from the homepage. Or use accuweather for the doppler.

8. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Used to use it, liked it but after a few months the computer started locking up on a regular basis. Deleted the weather bug and no problems since then.

9. JCW-G

JCW-G LawnSite Member

DO NOT GET "WEATHER BUG", IT'S A PAIN IN THE AZZ. Go to
    (www.weatherchannel.com) and get it so it's on your pc all the time.

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I use about 4 to 5 different weather sites

weather.com, the national weather service, accuweather, weatherunderground....