Weather Channel reruns ??

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by John Allin, Feb 16, 2001.

1. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Bear with me here....

Last night they predict freezing rain here... maybe. I hate the "maybe" part.

Wake up at 2 AM, check out Weather Channel (TV is up on wall in the bedroom so I can just click and watch). I watch for 1/2 hour. See couple of local reports but waiting to see composite radar so I can see if the green blob is coming our way.... local radar indicates no, but that really doesn't give me enough geography to tell if the main event is coming. No composite radar... lots of travel weather reports and color graphics. Emerick is the on camera announcer. I'm trying not to fall back to sleep. Listening HARD. Hanging on every word (eyes closed) to hear composite radar talk so I can see if it's coming.

Back to sleep - set alarm for 45 minutes. Wake up and click on Weather Channel..... watch for 25 minutes... still no composite radar, but locals make it look like its going to JUST miss us to the south. Sure would like to see the composite so I can determine if salt trucks should go out and get ahead of it..... too much travel weather stuff. I thought travel weather was only twice an hour ??

Set alarm for 30 minutes. Wake up and click on Weather Channel.... something "feels" wrong. Deja vue all over again. Emerick has some nuances, phrases, movements that look very familiar. Still no composite. Set alarm for 45 minutes.

Wake up, click on WC. Emerick still announcer. NOW it looks wayyyy to familiar. Same phrases. Same movments. Exactly the same movements and words.

They are reruning the same 28 minutes !! It's a freakin rerun !!! What's up with THAT !!!

I was hoping mad. Had to get up and go to the office to watch the DTN to find out what I needed (it did miss us and we didn't have to salt).

No wonder there was no composite radar images. They have to be up to the minute (so to speak). Someone would have caught on if the composite radar didn't change. The only reason I caught on was because I was purposely waiting for the composite so that I could justify pre-salting and be sure SOMETHING would happen so I could bill for it.

YA CAN'T TRUST ANYBODY ANY MORE !!!

Thanks for listening........

[Edited by John Allin on 02-16-2001 at 01:04 PM]

2. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like Mr.Allin is a little cranky with no sleep:eek:

It does get aggravating when you can't even get the damn weather!To boot know ya got to get up and go to the damn office.
    John you could have sent Peggy!
    Boy I hope she doesn't read this or she will shoot me:eek:

3. lawnboy53

lawnboy53 LawnSite Member
    from Neb

John, Do you have room to mount another DTN on your bedroom wall? I thought of a new line for John...
    John "I plow more snow before 9am than most people do all season" Allin. We have had a great year here in Nebraska with 36" of snow, thats just one storm for John. LOL

4. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

That is great lawnboy53 :D
    He truly is the KING of PLOWING.
    Maybe he should put that on his signature.

5. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

John, the wc sucks between 12am to 5am. I think they started that repeat crap last year and that is when we need the radar the most. Your sig should read John the plow god.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

John, have you checked into that remote program for DTN? I realize you'd still have to get out of bed, but at least not into work. I checked into it once, but never did any more about it, though. I still like the DTN radar better than WC or our local stations.

7. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Give me a break......
    I got your god.... right here.
    By the way... Peggy was already at the office when this went down.

8. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

I found out about the rerun deal 3 years ago. They have been doing it at least that long. I just log onto another website, for more recent data.

http://www.intellicast.com

I go to the US Radar Loop. That way you can see what's coming, and how it is moving / forming/ breaking up, ect.
    The weather channel is ok, when you can't get to a puter, and it's between 6 AM and midnight. On a side note, weatherbug is pretty good too. Not so much for the radar, but for the accurate temps in different areas.

http://www.weatherbug.com

~Chuck

9. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

Any of the 24 hour news/weather or whatever channels just run reruns overnight; no money in putting more talent on tv; I get mine off the net so a quite walk into my office and get what I need.

10. Like chuck i prefer check on the Net, I have at least 5 related website, and by using opera, i open all this in the same time, all windows are tiled and i can watch few radar at the same time and see a lot of info at the same time.

just need a pc beside your bed.