Weather Delays and Rescheduling

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassrootsinab, May 14, 2004.

  1. grassrootsinab

    grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here
    Posts: 215

    Hey Guys,

    We've had the crappiest week here weather wise (I guess we need the moisture though). I've got all my clients on a Tues-Thursday sched. For the last two weeks we've had snow and rain and haven't been able to get over them. I'm going out tonight and tomorrow to cut them back (it's a jungle out there!!).

    I was wondering what everyone does for re-scheduling in the following week for weather delays. I charge per cut (not a monthly/yearly contract) and they are all scheduled for 7 days. If I cut tonight and tomorrow do I go back on Tues (only 4 days) to get them back on the correct schedule or do I let them go 10 days. My feeling is people expected the cut last week and will expect next week so I just go and get ahead of the grass a bit.

    I think I already know what you all will say but I thought I'd just put it out there. Thanks!!
     
  2. Premo Services

    Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,516

    I would do them now if you can and next week go a day or two longer, then get them to the regular scheduled day. If the weather is cr@pp! for a while then I would do them as needed, even 5-6 dayd, and they would have to understand. It is not their fault about the weather, BUT IT IS NOT OUR FAULT EITHER!!!!!
     

Share This Page