Weather/precipitation data

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mdb landscaping, Dec 15, 2005.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I am trying to locate the summer precipitation totals for Connecticut from this past summer. I have a meeting tomorrow with a larger account I have, and they want to discuss why they lost so much turf. I just want to bring in some data as ammunition with me for the meeting about how much actual precip we had(it wasnt much at all). Im specifically looking to see how much rain fell for june, july and august. I found a few pay sites, but does anybody know where i can find this info for free. it would be real cool to see precipition by day for those three months. thanks for the help.

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

try the national weather service or NOAA

3. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Call your local agricultural extension office. Every county has one. If you have a pest. license you know who I'm talking about.

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

5. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

What ya mean Used to be free it still is , Havent seen a time what i was looking for on Noaa's website i was asked to pay ,.

Point Forecast: Glastonbury, CT
    41.72N -72.62W Last Update: 10:00 am EST December 15, 2005

This
    Afternoon

Partly
    Cloudy
    Hi 32°F Tonight

Wintry
    Mix
    Lo 25°F Friday

Rain/Sleet

Hi 37°F Friday
    Night

Chance
    Snow
    Lo 24°F Saturday

Partly
    Cloudy
    Hi 39°F Saturday
    Night

Mostly
    Clear
    Lo 20°F Sunday

Mostly
    Sunny
    Hi 35°F Sunday
    Night

Mostly
    Clear
    Lo 16°F Monday

Mostly
    Sunny
    Hi 37°F

Hazardous weather condition(s):

Special Weather Statement

This Afternoon: Partly cloudy, with a high near 32. Calm wind.

Tonight: A chance of snow between 9pm and midnight, then snow, freezing rain and sleet likely between midnight and 3am, then periods of rain and snow after 3am. Temperature falling to near 25 by 8pm, then rising to around 35 during the remainder of the night. Calm wind becoming northeast between 13 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Friday: Periods of rain possibly mixed with sleet, mainly before 3pm. High near 37. North wind between 10 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Friday Night: A chance of snow showers before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low near 24. West wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 39. West wind between 7 and 9 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 20.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 35.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 16.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 37.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low near 15.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 14.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

CK

for historical data, you need to pay...which is what MDB is looking for....

current weather is still free. But I think for daily weather Intellicast.com is better...

Although its all guesswork more or less

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Matt, if I were you, I would include the month of September as well. If you remember, it wasn't until the 1st week of October before we saw any rain that helped over that 8 day period. Just a suggestion...

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

thanks for the help guys....that data will work fine. i really appreciate it. one of our condos has a new board of directors and as usual with condos the new people obviously know more than anybody else:gunsfirin we go through this crap all the time with condos, basically why we are dumping all of them. even though we raised mowing heights and cut back on cutting due to drought, they apparently think without any water in direct sunlight the grass will thrive:p this place used to be a golf course so its wide open sun, not many trees.