Weather Sites

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scraper, Jun 5, 2000.

1. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering what you guys may use to watch weather other than NOAA sites. I have found intellicast is pretty good with great radar animations. The address for them is:http://www.intellicast.com/LocalWeather/World/UnitedStates/MidAtlantic/Pennsylvania/Philadelphia/RadarLoop/ This is for the Philadelphia area. Another which is pretty good is out of Cornell in Ithaca, NY. They have forecasts for NY, MD, PA, NJ, DE...just click in the county you are in. The web address for this is: http://met-www.cit.cornell.edu/weather/forecasts/pnj_fcst.html<p>Any other good ones? Weather.com (weather channel) sucks in my opinion tv is good, but their website is lacking.<br>

2. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Our local TV stations have web sites. They all feature up to the minute radar loops, current conditions and forecasts.

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Scraper,<br>I use the intellicast also. The local media ones dont load as quick. The radio never tells where the rain is falling via radar, and is useless when rain is approaching.<p>A radar monitor in the field would be a nice tool.

4. sunrise

sunrise Banned

a window<br>stick arm out if it gets wet its raining<br>stick arm out if it staydry not raining<br>also weather channel on T V

5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

www.weather.com it's the weather channel on tv online it';s the best

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with Sunrise - in years past the weather channel gave me many sleepless nights worrying about the rain that was coming in their 5 day forecast. <p>If I was wrong in my job as many times as they are with theirs I'd be fired.

7. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i use intellicast also it has thebest and most current radar,also use state dept. of transportation they have road conditions by county here <br> <br>doug

8. CA Enterprises

CA Enterprises LawnSite Member

Funny this comes up. I am a weather forecaster full time!!!lol Yes, I admit that this a great job because, I can be wrong and keep my job. My wife tells everyone that I lie for a living! I get to look at pretty charts and play on the computer all day at work. Even I have been caught in the rain cutting, I know, I know it's surprising, but it happens.<p>As far as a good weather site try http://weather.unisys.com. They have all the latest charts, sattelite, radar, and forecasts. They use the forecasts from both military stations and National Weather Sevice. I use it on the job alot to get a quick guess as to what is going on when first get to work. They seem to be fairly accurate.<p>I probably could get into a lot more sites, but the majority that we use here at work is somewhat complicated and a lot of it is encoded into a &quot;weather language&quot;. <p>Hope this helps,<p>Adam<p>p.s. if you still want more of the other sites e-mail me at amoore@zianet.com

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Not really much need to look at one . It repeats itself day in and day out, HOT & DRY, TODAY.......TONIGHT.........TOMORROW.<p>Homer

10. pete

pete LawnSite Member

Ive given up looking at the weather reports. I look at the radar and try to get an idea of whats going on. I dont even read the forecast on weather.com, they never match anyways. But sunrise has i right it seems