Weather sucks!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tocs93, Jun 17, 2005.

1. tocs93

tocs93 LawnSite Member

Anybody else in Western PA dealing with lawns that are very stressed from lack of water already? We need a good day of soaking rain here or it is going to be a looooooong summer! I have some lawns that are already scorched from the recent stretch of no rain and close to 90 degree weather.

2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

wish I could bottle it and send some to ya, its rained here since tuesday and we werent that dry to begin with. Right now standing water common on a lot of my places.

3. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

same here in northern ohio no rain grass is burning up like crazy. we need rain

4. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Had snow here last Tuesday. Hail yesterday. Rain in between the two. Luckily our weather leaves as fast as it comes.

5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

not enough rain here either. I guess I will have to start doing that damn dance again :cool2: . (not to mention praying)

there is no rain in our forecast either. whats up with this? we have only had one or 2 severe thunderstorms this year and normally we would have had about 5-6 gully washers by now. Maybe we will get lots of snow.

I think depending on the weather is the worst part about this job.

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Its been very dry here until this week...we've finally got some rain! We're still behind for the year though.

7. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Dry here too.
    We got some rain last week and it helped a little.
    Thank God 90% of my yards have irrigation, but even that is just keeping them all green with slow growth.

I've got this one yard though... It has irrigation, and I set it, but it refuses to grow. It's been two weeks now between mows and it looks like I mowed it two days ago.
    Although, the house was just bought and the grass was pretty dry prior to purchase because the old owners had backed off the irrigation.

Things are not looking so good around here...

8. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

I just read an article where the deserts out east are getting bigger cause of global warming. imo us humans are causing a shift in the climate?

better get used to it.