weather

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stslawncare, Mar 21, 2002.

1. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys someone told me dont spread fert with this dry weather season, that true?

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta go according to moisture. If its there and turf is growing, feed it. If its dry and turf is dormant skip it.

We starting the season normally here but may adjust down the line of conditions warrant.

Remember, no high N in the spring.

3. Commander

Commander Banned

Depends on what kind of N source you wanna use. You could, if you just want to get green grass go with an application of Chelated Fe. Another way to do it would be to spray green food coloring or something over the lawn if you need it to be green for a day. But yeah, if the turf is dormant... don't feed it because why? STRESSED PLANTS DON'T NEED FOOD!!!

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Best advise anyone can give!!! Too bad the big companies don't get this. LOL Thus why I have been converting all customers to my program. I am tired of whacking down 5" every week until June when it gets burned out. Then I get accused of using dull blades because that is what the application company uses as an excuse.