1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Weathermatic LMC controller HELP

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by houlsctt7, May 31, 2004.

1. houlsctt7

houlsctt7 LawnSite Member

Okay here's the deal I just started as a property manager at a condominium complex. I have 3 wells that supply the irrigation systems. There are 3 controllers all different all my heads are different models it's a mess (3 irrigation companys in the last 2 years!!!). Anyway I have gotten everything up and running except my one Weathermatic controller. I have tested all my zones and they all are up and running but now my controller will not run a program. I have set it numerous times but doesn't run, I can manually activate zones (sometimes) and I cannot reset the unit. Is my controller fried???? Any help would be appreciated cause my grass is dying. :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. DGI

DGI LawnSite Member
    from SE Mich

Do you have a voltage meter?

LMCs are terrible.

3. houlsctt7

houlsctt7 LawnSite Member

I don't have a voltage meter, Do I need one?? And what would I be using it to test??

4. DGI

DGI LawnSite Member
    from SE Mich

LMCs are notorious for going bad out of nowhere and this sounds like a classic case. I swap them out regularly, more than any other clock. Get a decent timer in there now--you'll need to soon than later regardless.

The voltimeter could help you test it, but it's a moot point.