Weathermatic SL

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by londonrain, Nov 2, 2007.

1. I field test new products on my own system before I even think about putting one up at a customers property. Checked on my new Weathermatic SL controller today and it showed a fault. The fault was that it did not receive the data from the weather monitor over night. Reset the Weather monitor and it still would not link up. Did a total reset on controller and still would not link up. Installed new Weather monitor and it still does not link up. Seems the controller is not allowing it to link up with the weather monitor.. This is the exact reason I field test new equipment before I install on a customers site.....
    I will take it back on Monday for a new unit...... and will further evaluate the controller before I will install one....

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Oh that gives me a lot of confidence, Hank & I installed SLs w/ commercial
    weather this year, but season ended before we could test them. Let us know
    how things are going. Is it the homeowner or commercial WS? Should not
    matter.

3. Mike I have the smaller homeowner WM at my house and have another brand new WM in my truck, I tried the new one and the same problem...controller will not allow the link...

4. Mike Leary

Your line about testing clocks, etc., was intriguing, I've done that with every
    clock I've put into service, but did NOT with the SL because of my (in retrospect) foolish need to get the clock hung. If this bites us, we will quit
    buying ALL WM product & I hope Mike Mason & Brodie & Mike are reading this.

5. Cr-p. LR I hope it gets solved to your satisfaction. I've got a bunch out there. It's not the little dodad that has to be plugged in that comes with the monitor is it? They should just swap the panel if you have the outdoor version.

6. Peter, I tried replacing the module also..I will keep you posted...

7. Mike Leary

:::shivers in Red Wing boots:::

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

lr,

This may be a silly question, but did you use the communication hub that camwe with the weather monitor? did you tie in the red, black, and silver wires to the communication hub? or did you patch it into the sensor wire?

9. I tried replaced both the module and weather monitor with a brand new one. The problem is with the controller...I have and new controller on my truck and will replace the controller in the morning and I will still try the same WM and module..

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

What version is the controller? Is it the new faceplate or an older one? Call weathermatic.