Weathermatic Smartlink

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ASI, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

As many times as necessary to up-sell the product. ;)

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Send me your Imperial Valet controllers and I'll give them a firmware update. :)

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free."

4. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

I just had lunch with my rep about Smartlink. They will be bringing out flow monitoring within 6-8 months (maybe sooner for you guys over there?). The Smartlink can also be used as a remote which will be handy. No limit on range either.

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Don't forget that you can log in to the controller at WM, using the guest pass, and "chatter" the valve solenoids to scare the crap out of people during meetings. :laugh:

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

How many electronic products can you get that DONT say "Made in China?"

7. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

I jumped on the Smartline bandwagon early on, and jumped off just as quickly. Too many failures.

8. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

Oh no don't tell me that haha. I just sent out a newsletter outlining the features of them.

9. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Hmmm, interesting as I've had zero failures.
    What exactly is the problem you're experiencing with them?

10. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

I gave up on the SL a few years ago. What attracted me most to them was 1) they had a dual-voltage transformer, very handy when doing pump controls, and 2) the weather station.

Then I started to get erratic programming problems - the controller would start itself at odd times, not start at programmed times, and most of the trouible seemed to be the weather station deciding when the controller should operate. So I isolated the weather station but continued to have problems.

I'm usually a stick-to-it kind of guy, but callbacks were costing too much time and money so I pulled all but 2 of the SL's and went either Pro-C or ESP.

The 2 remaining SL's have been bulletproof for almost 6 years now. Maybe it was a bad series of controllers, but time is money and I felt I was spending too much trying to coax those things along.