Weathermatic Valve Question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Aug 2, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Was approached by one of our pool guys who had a torn up diaphragm from the automatic fill valve for one of the high school pools. He thought it was one of our Century Plus valves but I could tell immediately it wasn't. Wish I'd taken pictures but was too damn busy renovating a zone to MP-Rotators to go get my camera. Anyway... it came apparently from a Weathermatic plastic valve (I made them check the valve) and had wire mesh reinforcement imbedded in the rubber diaphragm and brass seats on the top and bottom of the diapgragm in the center. Any ideas?

They can't find a replacement locally and I told them that's because Weathermatic isn't used for irrigation in our area. Valve was installed by original contractor when the pool was put in about 10 years ago. They may end up replacing the entire valve and go with something (prolly our Century Plus valves) that can be locally parted.

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We are Weather-Matic people, I would guess the diaphram is from a 21000
    or their high-end scrubber valve. Generally bullet-proof, parts are available,
    since that design is so good..the diaphrams can be replaced from way back.
    I'd like to see a pic if you've got time. You can save the seats, all you need
    is the diaphram.

3. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Hayes - Are there no Ewing Irrigation houses in your area?

4. PurpHaze

Our Ewing doesn't carry them. Perhaps they can order it but I don't know as it's technically a plumbing problem. It was put into the Maint Dept plumbers' hands. I have WAY too many other things to worry about. :)

5. PurpHaze

I'll be at this high school tomorrow as I need to check sprinklers around the newly resurfaced tennis courts that are right next to the pool. If they haven't replaced the valve I'll take a picture.