weathermatic valves

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mark B, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I used some weathermatic nitro valves fer tha first time this week. I liked the on/off switch on tha valve and some other things about it. So my question is what do ya'll think about the valves?

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not many use WM here anymore. I do like the easy switch for manually turning it on though.

3. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

Sleepyhead,

Just started using the same valve. Installed some of their older valves a couple of years ago. No failures on any yet. The on/off lever is nice.

Thanks,
    Sam

4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

The solinoid twist on Hunter and RB works just as well. I think hHunter is smoother and easier operating. Weather-Matic has never been a biggie in my area.

5. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

have used weathermatic on a few occasions and have repaired a few here and there over the years. They are very high quality and expensive.

Has anyone used the weathermatic 5500 series brass nozzles? They are an ideal replacement on a rainbird 1800 series head (same thread pattern). I've used these for repairs where the original system design is crappy. They water well close-in to the head. Some will even spray out to 18 feet.

6. Mark B

I don't understand when you say the nitro valve are expensive. I pay $10.50 ea. For me they are cheaper then the hunter or RB

7. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

Their valves and spray heads don't cost me as much as the Hunter I was using. Not real fond of the contoller though. Still sticking with the Pro C. Weathermatic does make other valves besides the Nitro you and I bought and they get pretty expensive. Maybe that's what Ground Master is speaking about.

Sam

8. Mark B

In my opinion I will always use the Pro-C controller. That price I told you was fer tha 1" SxS valve.