Weathermatic Wireless Weather Monitor - SLW15

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by EagleLandscape, May 3, 2008.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Finally got around to installing it and an updated faceplate. Kept the old housing (just older style fusing), and just swapped faceplates.

This was super easy to sync. You can also set a security code. I'm guessing this is for a remote later on down the line.

This is also how you should do valves. Put a ball valve in front of every valve. Enables you to turn down the flow to eliminate misting, and also if the valve ever goes out and needs replacement, just shut the ball valve off and drain 6" of mainline.

Photo_050308_001.jpg

Photo_050308_002.jpg

Photo_050308_003.jpg

Photo_050308_004.jpg

Photo_050308_008.jpg

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You have to be kidding. Every function of the ball valve is redundant. Is the throttle on the zone valve a decoration?

3. EagleLandscape

No, but the flow controls on valves wear out a whole lot faster than ball valves. Therefore, since I like saving the life of the diaphragms and the guts of a valve, I use the ball valve in front of each electric solenoid valve to control the flow.

Plus, in case anything ever happens, I have a shutoff 6" away.

At least its not on some ugly-a** manifold!

Like I've said, either take the time and money to do it right, or...

(also, use weathermatic valves because you can manually turn on the valve without flooding the valve box)

4. Wet_Boots

Then buy a better flow-control diaphragm valve, if you can't trust the ones you currently use to perform reliably for years.

And why the need for a shutoff, if you have a master valve?

5. EagleLandscape

Bleh, I'd put up the diaphragm on a WM valve against any RB or Hunter poc anyday. (older model solenoids, different story) I think these are the 1200 series valves too. either that or 1100 series, whichever is the best.

6. Let me know how that SLW 15 works John. I was hoping to be a tester but it was just a big tease for me. Maybe they thought I'd be too honest.

7. Wet_Boots

I dunno, but I never had to revisit a throttle adjustment on the old Richdel R205 valves. And it is a fact that throttling down a zone valve will increase diaphragm life, because it undergoes less flexing.

8. I'm with Boots on this one.....

9. EagleLandscape

It's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Will let you know Peter. I've actually had the system off for a few weeks, forgot to put the older controller back together after undoing things to put in the new sensor. My yard still looks amazing though.

I pick up tons of business by having that truck parked in the back driveway with my number on it and the lawn looking the way it does.

10. I'm with him---------->:drinkup: