Web designer backed out..

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by PLM-1, Feb 5, 2009.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone on here design web pages or know of a good place/person?

I have my domain purchased as well as my hosting, just need it designed!

2. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

www.d4you.us/

I used these guys. If you are looking for a simple, nice looking, affordable site, I would recommend them. Paid $300 for my site. check it out. If you use them, tell them I sent you their way, and I'll get a referral check.

good luck.

3. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Man they are crazy cheap. Are they completely finished with that site? If they are they goofed... nothing bad for you, but sucks for them... the links on the very bottom do not link to their site, but to the page you are already one... they are missing out on search engine page rank and lead generating opportunities.

Still though, crazy cheap and looks good. I do freelance work for locals out here and my minimum is 3 times that amount.

4. Turfdoctor1

yeah, its finished. there are a couple of mistakes; they left in the watermarks on the stock photos. my fault, i guess.

5. kclawn1

kclawn1 LawnSite Member

Yea, it really depends on how much you are willing to spend. Do you have a ballpark figure?

6. Lawn 'N' Order Landscape

Lawn 'N' Order Landscape LawnSite Member

Was the $300 a one time fee? Or do you have to pay a monthly fee as well?

7. Turfdoctor1

it was a one time fee.

However, I did also purchase an add-on CMS, which allows me to edit the site from here on out. That was an additional $150.

8. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally Josh, I think your site looks pretty nice. They must have fixed the links on the bottom because they worked for me. I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it but even the meta tags look pretty good. Nice design and layout, good text. A few more photos might be good but all in all for what you paid you got your moneys worth and more.

9. I know someone that can help you out, let me think on it, do you have the domain name where you can easliy point it to the name server? if so let me know.

10. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Did you buy the domain and hosting? Or did they?