1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Web hosting places

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by CuttersCove, Aug 5, 2004.

1. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

Not sure if this site has been posted or not.

Used it and signed up. Instead of $9.99 a month I pay $9 a year!:D :D
  2. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

If anyone has hosting for there lawn site, let me know I have my own server and can host you really cheap depending on space. Usually these sites dont take no space tho since there only pictures and stuff.
  3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I had just signed up with Web Hosting Buzz . com today.

Guess we can see what you have in a year !

I have a high ranking site on Google in Portland, and for fun, added an online album that I link to from my site, so I can add many photos and captions without paying a webmaster.

Now, our son just got a second website started today for me - my sandbox you might say - to add articals, photos and build a forum, especially in the tree category. Starting from ground zero - should be interesting.

The new site won't even come up on screen yet as of this post, but it is registered as:

Intended to beyond tree talk, but not with a goal to be like lawn site, arborist site or the garden web.

I'd like more involvement of home owners, with a few pro visitors. And a friendly site too.
  4. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

What are you using for your forums? I'd like to add some stuff like that too, but the only thing I have found is forums similar to lawnsite.

I'm working on a picture book too for my samples. I also added a few links to the ash borer problem we are having in Michigan. And some other stuff.

Getting the home owners involved is definitely a big plus.

I've been designing mine to be my company site along with a web portal.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi mdvaden,

That's a great domain name and web idea! I bet it will be popular. :)
  6. mdvaden

The program my son loaded up is called PHP NUKE, and I suspect that the link at the bottom of my site will take you there.

It's version 7.4 but I hear 7 is free and quite decent. My son got the version 7.4 for like $10 because he was making a site for my wife's boss / friend that sells bird stuff, and apparently the security features are better in the later version.

I don't sell anything, or deal in financial stuff, so either version would have been okay. It has a forum module. We hid several modules I don't need.

The main ones I want are forum, articles and links.
  7. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

mdvaden, if you need any help with PHP Nuke let me know I am very experienced with Nuke and php in general.
    I know this dosn't do much but I have since changed from Nuke to just php but here is a archive of one of my site i did, click here
  8. mdvaden

Saw your link - Wow..Get's your attention, doesn't it.

Thanks for the heads-up on your experience. I'll forward it to my son who is the technical person. He's always seeking new resources.