Web hosting

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ksland, Apr 3, 2005.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know if a non-US hosting company has any downfalls over a hosting company located in the US? Besides phone calls, and communications. Does it have an effect on search engines?

2. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

We use www.readyhosting.com for $99 bucks a year with unlimited email and no mesured bandwith. Just $99 bucks. Been using them for 6 years now. Never a problem.

3. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

;)

How does that pertain to the original question :confused:

4. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

well I have used many different hosting companies before I bought my own server and I found that US companies are the fastest

5. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

It shouldn't have an effect on search engine rankings. You need to make sure that the company is reliable, though, since having your site down because your host is down can negatively impact your rankings, especially if the search engines try to spider your site when your host is down.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

it won't make too much difference, however the latency (time to get to the server and back to the user) will be longer than a server thats closer to them.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi ksland,

Another thing I would be concerned with is would you pay monthly or yearly in advance?