web pages

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Nov 27, 2000.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm starting to build a web page as a winter
    project. Anyone else out there have a web page?
    I'm at http://www.angelfire.com/md2/jeffex Angelfire
    gives you the free page to post thier banners.

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

a lot of people here have some good ones. Check out Eric ELM's, hes the pro around here on web pages. You can look at the tool bar at the bottom of the messages here and if you see a little red house click on it and it will take you to their homepage.

3. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

Why put all that time into a web site and not do it right? Pay the 10-20 bucks a month and do it properly with your own domain, own page, and no cheezy banners. It would really distract from a professional web site.

:) Anglefire is for a high school kid who wants to post pictures and comments on his and his friends' camping trips where everyone got drunk and took a bunch of drunken pictures that they want to look and laugh at all over again. :)

Anglefire is not for a professional.

My opinion.

4. Hello Everybody:

Greenlawncare is right, if you are serious about it, you need to get your own domain name. Because when you get it built you want to put your domain name on everything you got in print.

It shows that you are serious about it also.

It's not that much money & a lot better results. Lots of these free webhosting companies have limited html editors.

If you are going to go to the trouble of building your very own website buy yourself a good Html editor program. LOL, I can only think of one & it's only the most used on the internet & that's Front Page 2000.

It's a very nice program & the features it has is out of this world. I've used Front Page 97, 98 & now 2000. When they come out with another upgrade I'll send good ole Bill the Billionare Gates Mo Money. I think Billionare came from the world Bill Gates! :)

Happy building, hey it's a real time sucker if you have nothing to do. I've got 1,000's & 1,000's of hours in all my websites. But I've been doing this since around 1996!

I now have 2 domains, I'm running I think 7 subwebs now & 4 online databases that I'm working on now. Plenty more to come. I love it with all my heart?

5. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

YEP sounds about right.