1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Web presence outside of a website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by TTS, Jul 23, 2013.

1. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

Ok just an update, I have been reading the replies and working on off site SEO. I just got my google places postcard today so I should be finally on there within a week. I show up in the yellow pages. I'm working on getting some more facebook posts and such to see if popping up in peoples timeline will help grow there. I had to start a google+ page to get listed on places so I'm double posting everything that goes on facebook goes there. Landscape poet I sent you a PM with some more questions regarding that. Thanks for the tips guys and keep them coming. You all know how it goes, new start up company, money is tight so I'm trying to maximize any free advertising I can get.
  2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I just responded to your PM. There are apps out there that allow you to sync all your social media accounts such as twitter, fb, google plus etc so that when you post to one all update the information , such as hootsuite if you want to limit your time updating all the different venues of social media.
  3. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Somewhat on this topic I would like to add that having positive reviews on you google places page is a big deal. There are several companies in my service area on there that have significantly bigger companies than I do. One has 1 review and the others have 0 reviews. I have 11 positive reviews which makes my business the easy choice in my area. I recommend asking your clients that you know like your work to write you a review. In my experience it works best to do it in an e-mail with links to the review locations.