Web Site Address

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by arkansas502, Mar 6, 2014.

1. arkansas502

arkansas502 LawnSite Member

These are the options Im considering:
    levelcutlawncareandlandscape.com
    levelcutlawns.com
    levelcutlandscape.com
    levelcut.com
    LClawncareandlandscape.com

Feedback??????

2. NatLandscape

NatLandscape LawnSite Member

ha levelcut.com seems like some sort of German haircut salon so that doesn't seem like it's really an option.

Go for something short and sweet and tells the customer what you do.

3. arkansas502

LOL thats funny. Im still laughing about that. I never thought about it like that. Im thinking levelcutlawns.com is the way to go.

4. sharperimagelawns

sharperimagelawns LawnSite Member

I agree, levelcutlawns.com

5. arkansas502

If my name was not well known I would change it. I like Level Cut Lawn Care and Landscape but some people dont like it.

6. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Make it 'level cut lawn and landscape' and it sounds a lot better to me. With care in there it doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

7. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the shorter the better but levelcutlawns.com is more clear about what you do and that would be my vote. I think it would do better in search engines than levelcut.com.

8. yardsites

yardsites Inactive

Another vote for levelcutlawns.com - short and memorable, but gets the keyword "lawn" in the domain name.

9. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

There can be advantages to having lawn and landscape in the name. If I could go back in time, I would get a URL with landscape in it.

But if you get out of lawn or landscape, just your name is an advantage. You could register both and host just one.

Not always a good idea to post your options online, because a competitor could take the name before you get to it, just to erase your options.

10. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

Very true, I had once see someone have a site built around a domain they were going to buy. Keyword, WERE. By the time the site was done (and the the domain name played into the theme), they found their domain was now registered, with a "This domain is for sale". Because of the time and effort (and if I remember right, business cards already ordered), they paid the $250 asking price. (The domain was registered 2 days after they posted a mock up of the design on a forum looking for a critique)

If you are pretty sure about a domain, spend the less that $20 to go get it registered, even if you decide against using it later, it is good insurance, especially if you already showed interest publicly.