1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Web site help

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by JRSlawn, Jan 20, 2007.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to build a web site to help premote my business. I have been looking around and I am thinking yahoo is going to be my best bet they are saying 10,000 hits a month is this right? It will come up in google and yahoo searchs. It seems to be a good deal. I am also thinking about buying microsoft front page to use to design this although yahoo offers a builder. I was going to have someone do it but I decided I wanted to do it myself that way it will be easy for me to change it and add pictures as I go. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

2. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Jeff,

You are on the right track, though I think they are selling 10,000 mb of disk storage space for your website. You will probably never get to 10,000 mb.... When you create your website make sure you put your keywords on for every page (this is the start of your SEO). You will then want to submit your site to google. Then submit your site to Yahoo!

Try and get some industry related sites to do some reciprocating (sp) links. This helps the spiders find you.

Good luck.

Bill

GO PATS!

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You really can't go wrong with Yahoo.

Other than google's current lead in the search engine department, Yahoo has been number 1 for a long time, and for a good reason (they rule).

As for the traffic, do be prepared to spend extra for that, but it will likely be some time before this becomes an issue (I dunno, several months at least).

4. OhioJeff

OhioJeff Inactive

I'm confused by your post, for 'yahoo is going to be my best bet' what do you mean? Yahoo/Overture paid search advertising or Yahoo site builder service?

I don't get the 10,000 hits a month part either.

Jeff (up the road in Cleveland)