Web Site results

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Quality Lawn Care, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Quality Lawn Care

Quality Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of getting a web site. From those of you that have web sites that are promoted through search engines, what kind of results are you having. I'm not talking about just putting a web site on the internet and nothing more, but actually having it professionally promoted as well.
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Quality Lawn Care

My website is as professional as they get. Search engines give me hits from all over the world. I can tell you how many hits I get a day an hour and how long they are on and which pages they read and how long it takes them to read it. I do not provide service to China. But I have had inquires from China.

DOESN"T DO ME A LOT OF GOOD. Do Not waste your money on search engines your market is local. Side of your truck, Business cards and Yellow page, etc. will give better results. Website does not bring my customers in. It does help as a closing tool once you start selling them.

Yes Put up a website, but don't spend the money on promoting it world wide via search engines
  3. Quality Lawn Care

Quality Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Could I look at your web site ric?
  4. Alan Bechard

Alan Bechard LawnSite Member

I agree on that one. If you are doing a similar business to ours, WWW promotion is not what you really need.

Our website came about because we lost 2 picture books of work one year. The cleint swore they gave them back and did not. Now we just give them a card and they can look at landscaping and ponds and such that we have done to their hearts content, and we do not need to go back and chase anything down.

We are very happy with ours, I do not know that it alone sold anything for us, but it was certainly a factor in being able to say on the phone, "oh, you are interested in a pond? Go to www.awomanstouch.net and you can see some ponds we have done here in the local area." No muss, no fuss, most folks have internet access and it just makes it easy for both parties.

Best of success in whatever you decide.

Alan Bechard