Web Site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by pines, Dec 10, 2006.

1. pines

pines LawnSite Member

Just wondering...how many of you have a web site and for those that do, how much do you think you generate revenue off of it?
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I have a website. As for ROI its very good. Pulled in a couple jobs this year with it. Pictures and quality information sell.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'll let you know after (and to some degree IF) I get'r listed in the Yahoo directory.

Takes time, I started working on the business web project last year, taking pictures, collecting articles and snippets of code.
    Then this year I put it together, not quite what I wanted, but it's always like that :laugh:
    Next year, I'll apply to get listed.
  4. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

My web site right now is just a template, although I did purchase the domain www.mowrightonline.com we are having hosting problems because it is a sub off of my friends game site. Hopefully I will find some time to work on it this winter and put it on next years business cards with the redesigned logo's.
  5. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

I have a website, however it is just a template with the basic information. I have had it maybe 9 months but I don't think that I have gotten any business from it yet.
  6. BSDeality

don't forget to use META tags. You have to give the search engine some information. Its like giving someone your address, but not the directions. META tags are keywords that the search engine uses in conjunction with your data on the site to place you in the ranks.

Also joining and linking a Chamber of Commerce is very helpful in the ranking too. If you search for "Landscaping Ridgefield, CT" I usually come out in the top 2 if not number one (below paid advertisers) no matter which major search engine you use. If you want to get a good return from the website you have to be in the first page of search results. Its even better if you're number #1.
  7. pines

pines LawnSite Member

DSDeality, Thanks for the reply and information.

Was wondering......how does one install or apply the META tags so a search is more efficient? Thanks in advance.
  8. BSDeality

It depends on which program you're using, they might have a specific way to do it in their program. There is also the good'ole fashioned way by manually inserting HTML. It would look something like:

<meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
    <meta http-equiv="Keywords" content="Wilton, Westport, Weston, Ridgefield, Danbury, water garden, Unilock, stonewall, Stateline Landscaping, law mowing, lawn care />
    thats just a small start to a good meta tag, Ideally you want to place words that people are going to be searching for. And you have to do this on each page. To get the best results you wouldn't put "Lawn mowing" in the META tag for your "Mulch Installation" page.
  9. Kent Lawn Care

Kent Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have a website, and its been up for over a year, havent got a job from it yet.
  10. BSDeality

A quick view of your front page reveals no meta tags! You need META tags if you want good ranking. I see your website was designed by someone. I would demand they go back and insert meta tags free of charge.

I can only find your website when I search for Kent Landscaping MI. Basically because the choice of websites is so small you get placed at the top because of the direct URL link between what I searched for and your company name. I should be able to find you easily when I search for something like "retaining wall Macomb, MI" (based on your pages).

Add META tags and give it a few weeks to get rolled into the latest website data slurp by google, yahoo, msn, etc. You should see more hits and in the spring you should be a lot better off.