1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Web Site

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by toddsasphalt, Apr 16, 2007.

1. toddsasphalt

toddsasphalt LawnSite Member
    from 15367

How many contractors have a web site for their asphalt sealing business? If you do have a web site, how well does it work for you with regards to job contacts.

2. toddq33

toddq33 LawnSite Member

I don't but I am considering putting one up. Can't hurt, and can write off the costs of hosting and domain registration also.

3. toddsasphalt

from 15367

I am in the process of getting my information together to create a site. There are a couple of local companies that will set me up with the development and domain registration. I will let everyone know if it works with regards to customer growth. It is costing me around $ 700.00 to create and there will be a $ 300.00 a year site maintenance.

4. linepainter

linepainter LawnSite Member

5. toddsasphalt

from 15367

Thank you for the information. The cost is very resonable and I have contacted them to see what it takes to get started.

6. Pavement Web's websites look like they were made in 1995. Too cheesy and amateur looking

7. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

$200 is right on with a template like that. Cheaper sites are normally done with a template. If you want custom graphics the sites are normally more expensive.

What are you getting fopr $300 a year maintenance..

8. TheDrivewayDoctor

TheDrivewayDoctor LawnSite Member

I went to college for Website Design and Networking and currently own a Web Hosting company on top of my Driveway Sealing business so thankfully for me it costs me nothing to design my own website.

9. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

Same here but I don't it anymore. My wife has completely taken over the web hosting and design. She is a better graphics designer then I am anyway and she is home with the kids all day so she can work on it more often.

10. TheDrivewayDoctor

TheDrivewayDoctor LawnSite Member

Nice! My wife does sales for our Driveway Business. Our webhosting business is 100% automated. Customer picks plan, orders, pays, server sends login details.

I still do the web design in the evenings when I'm done driveways though!