Web Sites

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MOOSE, Feb 8, 2003.

1. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Guys, In the past I have read numerous posts on web sites. I'am in the process of possibly setting up a web site. Basically for the purpose of advertising and clients I have already. One thing for the clients that I already have is to be able to go to the site and click on a spot to pay bill by credit card. But what I'm really looking to you guys for is where did you go thru for your sire. Money is always a issue. I have loked at Yahoo's web site helper and they charge $11.95 a month. Does someone have a cheaper place they use and does it serve your needs or does it suck..

Also, does anyone have a credit card proceesor that's not cleaning you out. I have looked into Paypal, but the % is high. But it could be worth it. On a $200 bill there getting $8.20 of that..

I appreciate all help that I will recieve..

2. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

It will be hard to beat 4%, especially with the low payment use in this industry. You have to think how many of your customers would pay this way also. Look into auto pay, do a search there is alot of info.
  3. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I use geocities because it's free. I mainly did it because my site doesn't get much attention from my town anyhow.
  5. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

The problem with geocities (free one) is that the maximun hourly bandwidth is a joke. The page shuts off after a couple picture views. Netfirms is what I use and its done the job, maybe a little overkill for me. I think Im using 20 of 250 MB's and 3 of 25 email addresses.