1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Web Worm Treatment?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcav8er, Mar 11, 2003.

1. rcav8er

rcav8er LawnSite Member

I have a account that appears to have a problem with Web Worms. White moths coming up during mowing last season. Is there a test I can easily prove this and any treatment that may be available. Note I am not licensed for pesticides. :rolleyes:
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Wrong frum for this, but you can do a simple soap test to determine if there are webworms. Probably a little early for this in your area, but there are members in your area who can chime in. Just get a coffee can and cut out the bottom. Place on the soil and fill with a 50/50 solution of dish detergent and water. Let is sit. You should see worms rise to the surface.
  3. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Pull the grass apart and look for silk lined tunnels and green frass pellets. Sod webbies are not too tough to control and a healthy lawn usually outgrows the damage.
  4. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

They are noc-turnal(sp?) feeders, so it is easier to find them at night. You can look for the green pellets/frass Dylox/treatment