Website Advice

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ZKSLAWN, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ZKSLAWN

ZKSLAWN LawnSite Senior Member

Alright guys, i just need some help perfecting the site.. or at least making it better than it is now.. Disregard the lighting thing on the first page i am having trouble getting on to the site builder.. i know i need some better pictures of the lawns and the patio i did. someone said to add a picture of the equipment too but i dont have any as of right now.

Thanks guys.

zkslawn.com

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

text is a little small

3. ZKSLAWN

Anyone else?

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

the entire site seems to be shrunk and small lettered, you cant even read the words in your logo, what service do you have for sitebuilder?

5. ZKSLAWN

1&1 website builder.. im trying to get on now and see if i can change the size.

6. ZKSLAWN

I fixed a few things.. Still trying to add the form for the estimates.. i made the font bigger.. please tell me if its big enough.

www.zkslawn.com

7. nr7pro

nr7pro LawnSite Member

Dude, You've got to..

1. Increase font size, as stated.
    2. Fix the logo in top right corner.
    3. If you don't have any content for the 'home page' then
    drop the 'services' tab, use that content for the home page.

Those 3 would get you off to a good start,

What is 1&1 Web Builder run $ per month?

8. Rentz Trailers

Rentz Trailers LawnSite Member

It's included with all of thier hosting packages.

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Yea its def lacking in content thats for sure. as stated the picture of the lawn at the top of your pages is out of whack, and the logo is basically non existant. maybe the pic of the lawn isnt the best choice for the top.

10. ZKSLAWN

Ok i got rid of the home page and just moved that content to the services like stated above. If i want to add more content what should i put..like what should i talk about. (I'm new at all this lol) i made the words bigger again lol.. i am trying to figure out how to get the main words like content, portfolio etc bigger..

What do you mean by the picture being out of whack.. maybe i can crop it to fit better.. just trying to understand.

Again thanks guys i know im a little slow lol