1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

website animations

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by EliteImpressions, Nov 9, 2005.

1. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Check out animationfactory.com. Its about $20 for a month, but there are several 3d animations that most here can use. You can search the images before you buy as well.
  2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I think my $20 got me more like 60 days, but even 30 is fine.

If you get stuff there, I recommend getting more than you need. Also, be sure to get clear and white background of the same image for future use.

The white "wh" are cleaner around the edges in many cases, but I use both.

Most of my animations are on pages that are not my prime pages - not on the home, resume, contact, experience, etc..

Fun for advice pages.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I agree, it should be for fun only: Keep in mind animated files take more time to load as the files take up more space on the hard-drive. As a guideline, it takes about ONE second for every 4k of file a 56k-based visitor has to wait, some animations take up 20+k, so there goes 5 seconds someone with a dial-up connection has to wait...
    You'll never notice this from your end, but optimized (small in space) graphics increase existing traffic: Any page takes over 12 seconds to load starts to lose interest. For those with broadband, it makes little to no difference. Took me some time but nowadays I like my buttons to be under 1k, banners below 3k, and so on... In the end, text is still the fastest.