website bringing in 4 new customers each week.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by AI Inc, Apr 15, 2008.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Have had a website for about 6 yrs now.Each yr the performance gets better.
    Been picking up on average 4 new service customers a week since the season started. Also a lot of existing customers using it to scedule service. So much easier, I can answer an email at 5 am or 11 pm , times when I cannot contact by phone.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yesterday I received two emails, and two phone calls from new customers that found me through the website. I had one over the weekend that I referred to TomTom that wants to add onto the backyard, and is thinking of the sub-surface system for it.

I agree about being able to email whenever to schedule, and not have to actually talk to someone. But then there is the back and forth yes-no-yes-no on days and times possible. so it kind of takes a little longer. Some requests I get are just for price, so I send my rates, and a few never respond back.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I had a call last week from a guy that wanted a price on moving heads and various repairs. I told him " we dont give estimates on service work its all T&M" He wasnt interested , funny thing was neither was I.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've lost a few jobs as sell when people can't understand that I'm not going around chasing work for free when I have an abundance of paid work waiting for me and my guys. I love the ones that want an estimate when it only sounds like a broken head or a bonnet. My favorite response, is "Bring your system to me and I'll give you a free estimate." Another favorite is when there is damage below ground - laterals, main, manifolds - they want to know how much. I tell them "Sorry my X-ray vision isn't working lately."

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I just tell em finding out what needs to be done is the biggest part of the job . Im not going to do the biggest part for free.

6. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Had one of them yesterday. A busted PVB. I gave a price range over phone. Wanted me to take a look at for exact price.

I certainly wouldn't expect a plumber to come out for an estimate to repair a toilet. Plumber gives you price range over phone-thats your free estimate.

7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

You didn't get your x-ray specs yet? C'mon, time to get with the program!

[​IMG]

8. That ad was next to the Sea Monkey ad. Which allows me to dovetail into a joke. When somebody wants a quote over the phone we should tell them they need to find a SEE MONKEY.

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

When they want a quote over the phone I ask them " how tall am I? : they usualy respond " I dont know , Ive never seen you" And I say " exactly"

10. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a classic