Website comments and critics wanted!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by The Lawn Connection, Mar 10, 2010.

1. The Lawn Connection

The Lawn Connection LawnSite Member

mdvaden, I am laughing at myself right now. You caught me making changes in the site from other members comments. However the entire paragraph linking was an accident. But thanks for bringing that to my attention before I logged out!

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Internet Explorer 8.0 on Windows 7. My display is a 1600 by 900. When you're designing webpages you should always start out using IE since it is easily the most popular web browser. I'm not saying it's the best in everybody's opinion, just the most widely used.

Regardless of which of my computers I use Lawnsite always stretches out to fill the screen. That is what you're looking for.

lawnsite.jpg

3. Richard Martin

I'm sorry, the previous pic was at 125% magnafication. You can see the value in the right lower corner. Here's Lawnsite at normal size.

lawnsite1.jpg

4. Richard Martin

Screens are getting wider. Back when I started surfing the Internet we had to use a small piece of software called a Winsock. It's actually still on all computers but you no longer have to install it yourself. Anyway, back in those days the standard width was 640 by 480. When 800 by 600 became the norm then most of the 640 by 480 pages appeared skinny. Now most of the new computers are coming with wide screen monitors to take advantage of high def online videos and tv tuner cards/USB.

This is only an issue with CSS programming. A page designed without CSS adjusts it's self. I have a temporary page up without CSS on it and it fills all of my monitors up regardless of resolution.