website comming

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by mcwlandscaping, Feb 18, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

My friend who is webpage design class is making me a website for his semester project, its not some cheap junk thing either, it has to be a full feature professional website where the two of us work closely creating something that will work for me. Anyway, once this is done, i want to buy webspace, and secure my domain name. could anyone give me a link to a place that has a decent price but isn't junk either. I don't know how all that works or how one place can be better than another. I would really appreciate some insite on this. Thanks guys
  2. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

im using the one yahoo offers and it's good so far...
  3. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Ive got a friend of mine working on mine also
  4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

The domain name you can do anywhere. It really doesn't matter. I would suggest going to a site that you can trust though. I would do that now. Its really cheap to do, and you don't have to have a website yet to do it. The webspace from what I understand, you are paying for the reliability and the customer service. The bigger the company...typically the less downtime. The last thing you want is to send someone to your website and the server be down. I went with SBC Yahoo for mine. I pay something like $9 a month and they automatically renew my domain name every year for free. I could have probably went cheaper...but I wanted something that would be hassle free and have good customer service if I needed it. I don't like headaches!
  5. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

like others said, you can buy the domainname anywhere, but hosting is the tricky part. I have an awesome provider, let me know if you need some hosting, I have tons of room on my server.
  7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

My wife has had her's since 2000 and my own now for over a year with And if you mention my domain I get a credit:clapping: :cool2:

Seriously, the reliability is very good, they have a bunch of hosting plans and after a brief laps of poor judgment, customer service is once again on US soil.:usflag:

I pay around $7 per month, but I pay annually.