website for blades,filters etc.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybee, Jan 8, 2001.

1. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

I bought blades for my Lazer and my turf tracers from this place last year and am real happy with them. Actually the blades seem a bit better than the originals. I didn't know they had a web site until I got a card in the mail today. It's http://www.greenlinedist.com .

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

4. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

I'm sure there are a lot of similaritys with these mail order places. And I'm sure they probably in some cases sell the exact same product. Aside from shipping charges if you purchase in the same state there is sales tax to pay. By ordering out of state I save the sales tax.

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Don't forget about local dealer support guys. Help your local economy... gives people jobs... and try and get a sales person from a online warehouse to give you a backup mower when yours goes down.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I can almost get blades as cheap locally, so naturally I will deal with them quite often. Even on larger items, if they are even close, I will buy locally. But, most dealers around here wouldn't dream of giving you a backup to use even if you had purchased every piece of your equipment from them.

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I get my blades and all the things I can find that I need locally. The only thing I have ordered was a blade grinder. I couldn't find one around here except at Lesco and I wanted a better one.

My dealer told me I would get a loaner if my Choppers were down, but I've never need one. Most dealers will help you out if you buy from them.

8. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

My local dealer helped me out plenty of times. They brought a Lazer Z w/ only 200 hours out to the job site one summer. Full tank of gas and sharp blades.

My dealer had even invited me over to dinner with his family. I was not even a big spender.

Chuck

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like you fellas in the midwest have much better dealer support than we do. If you are not a big spender here, they want even remember you. You must be just as baffled by the threads making references to the complete lack of dealer support as some of us are by the ability of others to get complete support :) Heck, the dealer I have dealt with mostly for eight years didn't even want to order a Peerless transmission ($200) without me prepaying. The problem with that was, we were 30 miles away when I called and would have never made it back before he closed. That would mean another day without the machine. And no, I had never given this guy any reason not to trust me, I had only faithfully spent thousands of dollars with him.

10. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

I wouldn't even think of buying equipment online or out of a catalog. I do buy blades(in quantity) and trimmer line. Basically anything that would not require service. While my Exmark dealer is great about service, it is a real small dealership and there is no such thing as a demo, much less a loaner.