Website for rainfall totals

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Sep 13, 2013.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'm trying to find a website that will give daily/weekly/monthly rainfall totals from prior months. A customer has a rental home, and the grass is dead. The tenant states that this was the rainiest summer we've had. Close, but it didn't start raining until early July. June was a very hot dry month, again. So I want to give the customer/homeowner tools to show the tenant, because the homeowner knows that the utility bills were low in June.

I've been searching, and I may have been at the correct sites, but I can't find the specific page or data within the sites.

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

weather.com will have a monthly chart for every zip code

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

weather.com I find only shows back through August. It is probably there, but I just can't find it to go back any further.

5. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Got the same issue here.. et site..likly doesn't show rain totals.

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=3512

we have a local site which has weather stations scattered in our town showing totals...

Here, I always ask for water usage per month From the customers bill...the last few people which told me they were watering a lot, turned out to be using only 3 to 5 k gallons on lawn...that doesn't even come close to replenishing the water..

http://www.intellicast.com/national/precipitation/

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  7. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

8. nobody want to put our tax dollars to work???

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic