1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

website help-need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by seolatlanta, Jan 8, 2007.

1. seolatlanta

seolatlanta LawnSite Member

I am getting my website going this week and it is a "starter package" type of deal. It is being done by a company that specializes in green industry websites.

I was wondering what to start off with as far as content to make an impression-being as it is an entry level package I am beginning with 4 pages.I will have some pictures of course but how many should I have?

Also how about faq's etc-what seems to get the most response from you guys-also the company is going to get me set up with Google keywords.Any of you have any luck with that?

Any tips will help-I had a website before with a large "un-named"telephone company (hint hint) and got crap for web traffic , so I am a little gunshy about this.

Thanks for looking,
  2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Hello Dave,

I check my site data daily and notice that (of course) my index page is #1, then it's my portfolio page followed by my "about us" page. I think these are the most important.

I you want traffic to your site you have to get it listed on all of the search engines. You can do this for free by going to the search engine sites and registering (which I did) which takes weeks to accomplish, or you can pay to have it done for you. Really, I don't see the sense in paying for something that you can do for yourself. It's not like your going to have 100 hits a day anyway. On a great day, I might have 25 hits, which is GREAT!! It's not like there are 100 people a day looking to put in lighting in one area of the state of Texas.

What you really need to do is put a link to your site on everything that you do. Put it on your business cards, trucks, caps, coffee mugs, hell, I'd put it on my underware if I thought it would be seen by someone!! See my signature at the bottom of the page?

Good luck with your site!
  3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I like to thik ours is clean and easy to navagate. Turn key i think it was 4 or 500 and i can update the photos myself (ugh I need to do this soon!) and it included the search engine optimization and the java picture show you see on the main page.
  4. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

If you need SEO (search engine optimization) help, PM me. I haven't been working on our site too hard because of the construction, but we're still #9 on Yahoo for "Cincinnati Landscaping" and in the top 20 everywhere else. That is the key. A store in the woods will not get visitors. You want to put your store on Rodeo Drive!
  5. seolatlanta

Hey Andrew-

I dont know how to PM you!Let me know of some other way to contact you and I will.

I really like your website(s).They are clean and colorful.

6. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

Put it on your underwear huh? That's freakin hilarious!!!:laugh:

Absolutely the right mid-set, put it on everything!!

My site is almost ready for viewing. I'll be sure to post it here and get some feedback.
  7. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

SEO, the only advice I have for right now is.. where list what services you do.... try to come up with some other names.. or break them off in groups.... reading the **Lighting ***Lighting ***Lighting.. is very repetative and somewhat annoying if you understand what Im saying.. I think they understand you do lighting.. try for some more creative ways in saying it.
  8. seolatlanta

Oh yeah definitely-that is just a bunch of crap that the website developer put on there-all of that is coming off ASAP!

I have some good ideas as far as copy so I will get to work on it.

9. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

You can contact me through our website with any form. You can email me from my Lawnsite profile. I'd love to talk to you. I am also available on Yahoo Messenger ID: astephens_teamgreen.

I do a lot of seo work myself, but I do have a team that can take on about anything.
  10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

So who is Mike Johnson? :)