Website help

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by CALVISI, Jun 12, 2007.

CALVISI LawnSite Member

I need a simple website for my landscaping company. Does anyone know of any simple green web templates? (I suck at prettying up websites) It just needs a home page, a services page and a contact page. This is just a quick placeholder site to get by for now...

2. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

bump!!!!!!!!!!!! need the same info
  3. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Yahoo site builder if you want to go the build it yourself route. Easy to use, easy to manipulate but you will get out of your website what you put into it. Garbage in, garbage out!

Spend some time and effort to make sure your site is clean, easy to navigate, easy to understand.
  4. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

With Yahoo I think the hosting and sitebuilder with everything you need is there for $10 bucks a month.
  5. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

Do some searching about Yahoo, GoDaddy & such, you will find most people end up not liking them because it's too "big business".

Most hosts have site builders today so if you want simple look for one where you can customize a template very easy by changing to a more "landscape" looking background etc.
    Nowhere should you have to pay over $10 a month for a good plan with a site builder if you do some shopping.
  6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Just FYI, Your site does not work at ALL in FireFox. The CSS text layout is overlapping and unreadable.

7. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Thanks for the heads up! I don't know of anyone that uses firefox therefore haven't had the opportunity to check that browser. I appreciate your FYI
  8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you fix it?

I have Firefox and it looks fine for me tonight. Nothing out of whack anywhere that I can see.

9. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

That is really curious, I had checked his site and it was fine also
  10. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

I'm wondering if monitor size has anything to do with it. Looks like MD has a wide monitor like I do, while Jon may have one of the older regular sized monitors....

What screen resolutions are you guys using? I think I am 1024x768...this may have a bearing on it as well?

Thanks for all your help guys!