1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Website Hosting Questions

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by tyler_mott85, Jan 3, 2012.

1. tyler_mott85

tyler_mott85 LawnSite Senior Member

So I purchased a domain on godaddy a few months ago on a whim. I have a very basic website up right now www.mottlawns.com

I needs to make a better website with more information and additional contact information and was wondering how I go about loading my website I design with a different service onto go daddy.

Also can I change where my website is hosted whenever I want or am I stuck for the length of my agreement with godaddy? Say I have a local design firm put together a website and they host websites can they just put it up on their server? How does all that work?

2. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Yes you can choose a different host, you can keep your domain and just have it point to the new host and pay them to host your site.

I use bluehost, they can walk you through the process as they have a "live" help feature where you are chatting like this.

WordPress is the best in the world for creating a website, anybody tells you different---don't listen to em!