Website Inventory Lists

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by kc2006, Apr 12, 2006.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I was wondering how up to date the inventory lists are on the lesco site?

I checked last night to make sure the local store had Treflan in stock, yep shows 6 at the store. So I go to the store right when they opened (so I know no one got there before me and bought it for the record). Told the salesman I wanted a bag of Treflan...got an "Oh...Treflan" in disgust and was told they don't sell granular Treflan, yet the site says you carry 40lb bags of it...So I was sold a bag of Snapshot for three times the cost of Treflan. I know Snapshot is better, but for what I needed it for, the Treflan would of worked fine.

Sales tactic to get me to buy more expensive products, or is the website not up to date on inventory. Second time shopping at lesco, second burn.

2. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

just pick up the phone and save yourself some time:hammerhead:

3. kc2006

I guess corperate gave the local guys a call and made them straighten it out with me. They offered to buy back the bag (even though it's opened and I used about 10lbs already) but I said no. I know snap shot is a better product and I don't want to be the idiot that bought stuff used it and returned it and then be on the bad side. The guys at the local store gavve me one of the small granule spreaders (like a shaker can type) which I thought was very generous of them to offer that just to keep me a happy customer. At least I see now that lesco wants to keep customers happy.

I'd call but I always get stupid answers over the phone. Last time I called to check on something I kept getting "It's about 20 dollars" and answers like that, so I'll just keep going in or looking online.

4. newbsvw

newbsvw LawnSite Member

Had that problem many times. IF you find that they have it in inventory, call first. Then, very important, make them go and put in in their hands. Because I have had them tell me it is there. After making the drive, turns out it wasn't. Lesco makes good products, but I think with busy times, its hard for them to keep their inventory up to date.

5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

you guys havent figured out that most companys websites are about 4 months behind in reality?

6. kc2006

Actually lesco's is pretty up to date, they did infact have the 6 bags of treflan that the website says.