Website Link?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Gautreaux's LNG, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

May I ask why I'm not allowed to have my website link as my signature? I had it but was deleted? I'm a dealer but I sell NOTHING online or by phone? But I would like my website (which I have spent weeks working on) to be tested by some of the guys on here and ask them what they think of my site. But if I mention it I get a quick slap on the wrist and delete?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Refer back to rule number one of the guidelines. You are not being singled out, the rule just so happens to apply to everyone.

By completing your registration and becoming a member at LawnSite.com, you have agreed to abide by and follow the rules created by ownership (listed below) at all times. There are no exceptions to the rules. LawnSite.com owned by Lawn Care Success has the right and option to change these rules without prior notice. All of the rules stated below refer to not only the public forums at LawnSite.com, but the Private Forums, e-mail and private messaging as well.

1. Advertising of any kind is not permitted at this site unless you are a sponsor. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, email seanlawnsite@aol.com. This includes mentioning manufacturers, dealers, etc… in the forums or through LawnSite.com e-mail or private messaging. You are also not permitted to include phone numbers addresses, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, or web addresses or links in your posts, e-mail, private messages or signature lines.

3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, then why was nothing done about the people i reported??????????

The atleast 3-6 i can think of with non sponsor Sig's.

Don't feel bad Gautreaux. I had a chopper icon in my sig, not even a link, and it was removed.

I can under stand the rules, and i am not upset about mine being removed, rules are rules and i will try to keep to them. I am just wondering why these certain people get away with it.

4. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Not trying to start a huge arguement, but I do have a few of questions. Since it says no one can put a link to a website unless they are a sponsor.

Does that mean that the LCO's that have their own websites are no longer allowed to post them?

Are we no longer allowed to post links to ebay items?

Are we no longer allowed to post links to equipment that a member has stated they are looking for ie boots, lights, sprayers etc?

Are we no longer allowed to post links to information that people may be seeking ie logo design, weed id, weather, educational or books?

And one last question, you mention no links in the pm's, yet I was told some time ago that no one looked at the "private" messages, has that policy changed?

5. Turf Medic

One more question, are you going to also remove website links from members public profile?

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Gautreaux's LNG - you state you are a dealer, but how would we ever have known that?

Eric1 - I apologize we did not hop on your requests sooner...

TurfMedic - c'mon, you have been here long enough...but I can waste a few minutes of my time answering like you did asking - short style....

LCO websites - yes
    eBay - sure
    boots - sure, just don't advertise
    weather - ok, but c'mon, look outside
    pm's - still don't read 'em but through the miracle of "copying and pasting" people can show us what was sent to them

and profile links - if they do not break rule, no

7. Turf Medic

Thanks for response

just how I like them, short and direct without a lot of bs woven in

thanks again

8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

NP - any time - couldn't agree more - short & sweet

9. southport

southport LawnSite Member

what is the adress to your web site?