1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Website on search engine?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ksland, Dec 31, 2002.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new website, been up about 8 days and I have submitted it to every search engine I can think of. I have set up a lot of keywords, description, and all the meta tag info, I believe correctly. But I still can't pull up my site through any search engine. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Or does it just take over a week for it to post on the search engine?

2. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

It takes from a few days to a few (even many) months for your site to be added to search engines, depending on the search engine - some will never add you even if you submitted your site.

More information about search engine submission and tools to automate that process can be found at www.selfpromotion.com.

Pierre-Luc

3. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

4. LSAdmin

Correction: Google is not the result provider for Yahoo anymore - it has been replaced by Inktomi: http://www.inktomi.com/company/news/press/2002/yahoo.html

Adding your site to Google sure is a must, but you should not forget smaller search engines as it may be easier for you to get high positions there.

Pierre-Luc

5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I stand corrected. When did this happen, Pierre? I assume recently!

6. LSAdmin

That was announced on December 23, so it effectively is quite recent.

Pierre-Luc