Website paying off

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Mar 12, 2004.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I've had my website for a while now. Didn't make it for advertising purposes, really, more for informational purposes. But I have included it on all my advertising in the last 2 years or so. What is surprising me is that I'm getting more email requests so far this year than phone requests. Which is fine with me. Email lets me explain the estimates better and in more detail, I can get back to them at any time of the day, and an email indicates they are willing to wait for my estimate, aren't demanding it immediately. And I can include literature about my services with the email. I'm somewhat surprised, but happy about the turnout as well.

Anyone else get a lot of website response for estimates, etc?

PS I know this might belong in the website forum, but I thought it would get more response here.
  2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Response to mine has been slow but steady. Have got lots of compliments and I am sure it pays off in other ways that you may not see directly. Its a great selling tool.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

mostly my current customers use my web site to read up on the latest news, weather, etc.

Haven't received too many new customers from it in the past. I did pay for it to be on search engines about two years ago and I got a lot of hits. But alot were from out of state, like Ohio and Indiana, asking me to do work for them. I turned them down.
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I've never really pushed the website that much, or worried about it getting out to search engines and on the web. I always list the url in advertising, and I drill it into my customers to use it for news, updates, etc. But I've never really cared how popular it was on the web. It's nice to see that people in the area are finding it and finding me.

I did list it at, they did a nice job with the listing. I'm going to have to start asking how people have come across the site.
  5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I plan on adding a website soon. The pros I see are:

1. link to it on cards and brochures giving email will improve communication. Sometimes people will email a comment or request they might not call on.
    2. May make you seem more professional.
    3. Good way to impart information on your terms, services, etc.
    4. Good way to give periodic "tips" to steer customers away from bad habits. ("all about watering")
  6. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

WEbsite + advertising it has a good ROI ( return on investment) millions of people these days are turning to the internet instead of the phone books.