Website Rebuild, I think I did good. What do you think

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by DynaMow, Jan 23, 2009.

1. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

Well this is the first site rebuild.

Winter time is great for these projects.

Check it out. Give me some feedback.

I really like the push pin pictures. What about you?

Do honest, I am a big boy, you are not going to hurt my feelings.

http://lesleinlawn.com/

Thank you, for checking it out!!

2. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Site looks good to me. Looks like you do exactly what we do ,very diverse. I'd like to hear how well it works for you, juggling mowing and hardscape projects. My only suggestion for your site is to add other deck pics not just several of the same one. Other than that it looks great to me, I've been wanting to tweak mine.

3. gringo gardener

gringo gardener LawnSite Member

as i have said before i really like the look that the black background gives to a site ... i also like the way that your contact page has uniformity to it !

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Not great, but not horrible either.

1. Doesn't validate!
    2. CSS issues causing problems with layout
    3. Repetitive pictures
    4. Look for alternatives for displaying full size images
    5. Big fonts make your site look amateurish. Recommend you get rid of them.
    6. dump the marquee
    7. dump the slide show on the main page

Also, you might want to consider pulling those fence pics until you have a better example.

5. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Although I think Kiril is a little too brutally honest, I agree with everything he said... also the phone number is too low res and blocky, The photo pages are very slow to load... You do have a good amount of content though.

This Kiril knows his stuff from what I have seen, I could use some help on my site from him.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

heh, like what specifically?

7. ritchiem

ritchiem LawnSite Member

have a look at your validation issues

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flesleinlawn.com&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.606

Try and stay away from putting text (ie your phone number) in to graphic formats (gif's, jpgs, png, etc).

Your contact page is not working at the time of my post.

Scrolling text was great 10 years ago...makes your site look like someone made it who didn't know how to make it.

I think it is a really good step in the right direction to strengthening your online presence. Keep up the good work and take our criticisms in a positive manner to better your site.

Cheers,

8. Ok, now this is coming from a professional level man! I love your layout and love what you did, need to however improve on the banner and try to keep away from scrolling, it really didn't do anything for me.

keep it clean, and I love your phone number. good job!!!!

9. I would have to agree with you on the scrolling, however his website works on all browsers, and is located in ranks pretty good. Having his phone number as a graphic is ok, because he can name that which ends up in the code. I looked at his code and he pretty much has covered a lot of areas, but yet his key words are a bit much, but powerful.

Not sure:cool2:

10. I can agree with some, but not all of this comment. I think this is better then some of the others I haved seen.