1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Website Review

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by 4SeasonsOutdoor, Mar 12, 2013.

1. 4SeasonsOutdoor

4SeasonsOutdoor LawnSite Member
    from MN

Hi, I'm in the process of redoing my website, so I'm looking for some honest critiques on the layout / design (pictures are currently irrelevant and content is lacking because I'm not worried about moving that over quite yet).

I feel like it looks pretty "blah" right now, but I don't know how to make it seem warmer. Any advice is appreciated.

http://4seasonsoutdoorservices.com/redo/

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I think it looks good. Crisp, clean, and easy to navigate. Since your text logo is a split of green and black, what about better tying it in to the trees part by making the large tree green as well? It would provide a better visual balance to the header by doing so.

A few other visual suggestions...

- Close the gap up a bit between the slider and main content body
    - Make the content links a bit more noticeable (the green vs. black will be really tough for some to discern)
    - We aren't conditioned to read centered text. When I view this on my tablet, it's especially pronounced.

As an aside, there must be a landscaping war breaking out in Woodbury, MN. Quite a few LCO's on here with web sites, so I may have to start watching the rankings just for...this is sad...fun. lol

3. 4SeasonsOutdoor

from MN

Thank you for the suggestions; I will work on changing those things today.

I totally agree that it being centered is annoying and I didn't even notice it.

Woodbury has a lot of lawn care companies, but so far the online arena has been limited to just a few companies.

4. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Whatever keeps you out of trouble, Tony.

I looked at both the existing site and the redo. I do like to "clean crisp" look of the new one, but I like the colorful header image of the old one even more. Any ideas/thoughts to incorporate that into the new design?

5. 4SeasonsOutdoor

from MN

Thanks for the advice, I'll play with it and see what it looks like.