1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Website revisions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mtdman, Mar 8, 2005.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Not bad.

Are there supposed to be breaks in between the buttons?

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

3. mtdman

4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I like the new buttons A LOT better than the old ones. I like the look of the buttons all together, not spaced apart. I would smack all of the buttons together and bump it against your top banner.

That is me though.

5. mtdman

Yeah, I tried it both ways. Without the spacers in there, it looks like regular links. I put the spacers in to make them look like buttons. Actually, it's a unordered list with a background in it, and a spacer image in every list item to make it all look like lined up buttons.

:D

6. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Looks real good.

Great content as well. Pointing a customer to your site will be thing you will do all the time now!

What did you write it in ?

7. mtdman

Originally I wrote the whole thing in notepad when I created it. I began using HTML kit a while ago and used that for the revisions. I highly recommend it for people who know what they are doing with html, it's a good editor. And it's free.

I include the web address on EVERYTHING now. It took a few years, but my hits are really up and I'm getting a fair amount of business from people who view the website first, and email me for estimates and more info, etc.

Thanks.