website to buy mower blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jim163, May 15, 2007.

1. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

lookin for a website to buy mower blades from for a decent price besides mowpart, and where can i find a set of super high lifts??
  2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

EXPRESSMOWERPARTS.COM Cheap and free freight on $100
    MOWMORE.COM decent
    JTHOMAS.COM have had bad luck
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I was going to say Mowpart. What's wrong with them?
  4. Jimmy Williams

Jimmy Williams LawnSite Member

Express Mower Parts or MowtownUSA, each on EBAY.
  5. DeepMudRancher

DeepMudRancher LawnSite Member

i know this is not a website, but do you ahve flea markets around you? the one by my house you can by three blades for about 30 bucks....and the massive weedeater line rolls for about 15 bucks that usually sell for about 50
  6. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

7. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Landscaper pro not to insult your site as I know you are a sponsor but the blade prices are very high compared to others and yes they are quality blades if you came down a little on them I would buy from you
  8. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Thanks for the honest feed back concerning our website.

In doing a quick check of a few websites mentioned in this thread most of the sites, my prices on blades are better than the others in this thread.

There was one site in this thread that won't be mentioned as the to are a sponser, that appeared to have better prices on blades up front. However, when you compare prices and include shipping.
    LandscaperPro is cheaper on some blades and not on others. To get an honest feel, a person really needs to shop around for the blades they are needing and to also consider their shipping cost in such cases

First example.

6 21" Scag HL Blades 5/8" Center Hole 3" wide, .203 thickness

My cost for 6 blades - $56.10 + $10 shipping = 66.10 Total
    Their cost for 6 - 57.06 + $14.76 (based on a New York Address) = 71.82

12 of the same blades

My cost 92.64 + 12.50 shipping = 105.14
    Their cost 114.12 + 24.43 (again based on my New york Address) = 138.55

Second Example

Scag Gator Mulcher Magnum 16 1/2"", 5/8" Center .250 thickness

My cost for 6 is 83.70 + 10.00 shipping = 93.70
    Their Cost for 6 is 66.84 + 12.80 = 79.64

My cost for 12 is 154.20 + 12.50 Shipping = 166.70
    Their cost for 12 is 133.68 + 20.28 shipping = 153.96

Also, Lawns Etc, we ship from New York, meaning that if you order by 2 EST, you have your blades and parts next day. The other site ships from Texas.

Again, thank you for your honest comments regarding the prices of our blades and our prices. I promise to look at pricing in the future and try to be even more competitve than we already are. However, please note that all of our orders of standard parts (i.e. blades, filters, parts, etc.) ship based on order total not weight, which can mean a big difference like in the case above.

Again thank you for your patronage of
    LandscaperPro. We look forward to your business in the future.
  9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Very professional reply. Unlike some other companies I have witnessed replies from. Impressive LandscaperPro.
  10. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

happy so far this year. Fast shipping. Correct items shipped. I had trouble with J Thomas last year with wrong parts.